Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Farewell 2009, Hola 2010!

Yeah, I know this post is about 3 or 4 days overdue but what the heck. I didn't want to blog about anything actually but somehow this afternoon I was trying to remember what happened in 2009. Well, I think I remembered the important bits good enough. Here's to summarize what happened in 2009.

January
-Had my exams and did well. For the first time in a very long time I was satisfied with my results.
-Chinese New Year had less ang pau because Felix and Jason weren't around this time. =( And I spent less time gambling this time around.

February
-Valentine's Day? What Valentine's Day? Spent it alone. (Single already mah right??)

March
-Work started to pile up like hell but I was still procrastinating as usual. =)
-Celebrated Teng Siang's (met a new person - his gf Carmen) and Camie's 21st birthdays

April
-Celebrated Alex's 21st, met Ice (No, that's not her real name) who's awesome and always takes every compliment she can get (haha), accidentally spilled beer on someone, and saw my sis made Alex even more drunk at Pure Bar. =)
-Had a quiet celebration for Ching Yang's 21st. Went to watch football and thought Manchester United were gonna lose on his birthday (Yes, he supports that team I hate). In the end, Man Utd gave a footballing lesson to their opponents.
-Loss a beloved aunt. Didn't think it would have affected me emotionally as it did.

May
-Had my 21st birthday at home. Most of my closest buddies made it except for those who were studying in Australia. BAD drinking night, AN EVEN WORSE hangover!
-Got really sick just before exams. Thought it was H1N1.
-Exams. Screwed up this time but managed to pass all the papers.
-Lost a classmate to a car accident. Shows how life can be so fragile and short.

June
-The month that started the most boring 3 months of my life. Haha. Part time job till September.
-Started to treat Alex's house as a late night home. Play Winning Eleven on PS3 like nobody's business.
-If I'm not mistaken this was also the month I met more new people. Kevan's gf Lai Shan and Ching Yang's gf Carryn. First impression : both these girls are quite the opposite. One talks with the guys the other listens to the guys lame/dirty jokes. Haha!

July
-Felix and Jason came back for Felix's bro's wedding where he got waxed!
-Had the first taste of go-karting (please don't label Genting's as go-kart 'cause it's a freaking buggy ride). Enjoyed it but didn't want to pay that amount for it again.
-Broke my own record of eating sate celup (No, not proud of it but amazed by it). 1 night 40+ sticks with sis and her friends. 2 days later, 30+ sticks with my friends. (Awesome or not?) Vowed to exercise more often after that.
-Climbed Bkt Beruang for the 1st time. Panted the whole way up. =)
-Got myself a gift from my friends for my birthday. Confused? Lol. And got myself a new phone!

August
-Working was boring. Every week couldn't wait for Fridays to end and wished Sundays wouldn't come. Couldn't stop counting the days to the end of the part-time job.

September
-New semester and met more ang moh at my uni.
-Went KL for cousin's 21st birthday where he got ambushed by his friends with eggs and flour.
-Met Wee Kiat's gf Joyce. Seemed like I was the only one without one then. Lol

October
-Wee Kiat's 21st birthday and still won't forget Wee Kiat shouting "Best birthday ever!!" and will NOT step foot in Arena ever again!

November
-Kevan's 21st birthday celebration. Karaoke + Dinner + Pure Bar. Who could forget? Met Ice's sister, Qian who's just as awesome but somehow says I look like a politician. *shrugs*
-Sister's birthday. Drank a lot but didn't get wasted.
-Went to Poppy's to party. Drank really a lot again and didn't remember what happened after getting out of the club. And lost my specs. Lol.

December
-Work, work, work was what it was all about at the beginning of the month. Didn't get much sleep 'cause of it.
-Holidays. Everyday out for supper and gaming and movies and sometimes stay up so late have to go for breakfast and try to sneak back into the house before mum wakes up. (That last one didn't happen 'cause my mum is always up early)
-Christmas. Had a feast at my aunt's house until I could barely move. Lol
-New Year's Eve. This was the party of all parties! Nothing can top it. Unless we have another one in 2010 of course. Everyone was back including those studying Down Under and we had a truly awesome night!

There you go. My not-so-short summary of my 2009. 2010 is gonna be better I hope.


4 comments:

~G~ said...

wahahaha ~! HAPPY NEW YEAR~!!!
hehe ~! plans for 2010 lar :P

desyong said...

haha..no plans yet for 2010..just let things be.. :)

Carynn Loh said...

taha. lol. who say i sit and listen onlyyyy. i talk too. your 2009 list super long.

desyong said...

haha..yeah wanted to make it shorter but ah..wat the heck..just leave it..